Rural Health Training Centre, Najafgarh, New Delhi was set up as health unit in 1937 with the financial support and guidance of Rockefeller Foundation at Najafgarh to cover an area of about 162 sq. miles having a population of 44,000 scattered over 35 villages for rendering primary health care services through dispensary and team of Para-medical staff. After the adoption of Bhore Committee, the unit was upgraded to a Primary Health Centre, inaugurated by Hon’ble Health Minister Dr. Raj Kumari Amrit Kaur, on dated 06-03-1949.It was re-organized in 1954 to carry out to the functions of an Orientation Training Centre on regional basis to train the Rural Health Workers for shouldering greater responsibilities in the community development programs. The activities of the centre were further expanded with the addition of two more Primary Health Centres at Ujwa (1955) and Palam (1957). The centre was reorganized as Rural Health Training Centre, Najafgarh in 1960, under the administrative control of Directorate General of Health Services (DGHS), Govt. of India.
In 1961 a decision was taken at the level of Directorate General of Health Services, Govt. of India to declare PHC, Najafgarh as a centre for imparting community health training for Medical Interns of Lady Hardinge Medical College under Rural Orientation of Medical Education (ROME) Scheme.
- Sep10 2020
- Sep20 2020
- Mar18 2020
- Aug1 2020